In 2017 Blackburn who is known to associate with extremist groups celebrated President Trump’s inauguration with Rep. Steve King and the Austrian Freedom Party, which was founded by Nazis in 1956.
- Congresswoman Blackburn has represented Tennessee’s 7th Congressional district since 2002, and has for years advocated for legislation harmful to immigrants and refugees.
Beliefs and Associations
- The Tennessean holds an A+ rating from NumbersUSA and has a score of 100% from FAIR, whose annual “Hold Their Feet to the Fire” event she attends regularly.
- In 2014 Blackburn, was honored with an award from the anti-Muslim grassroots group ACT! ACT! for America honors lawmakers who work to pass legislation aimed at disparaging both immigrants and Muslims.
Attacks on DACA
- In 2015, Congresswoman Blackburn introduced an amendment to the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act that would have defunded DACA.
- In 2014, Blackburn voted in opposition to the House Continuing Resolution, which she said “failed to take the steps necessary to defund President Obama’s executive actions to expand amnesty for illegal aliens.”
- In the same year Blackburn introduced a bill which would have prohibited federal funds from being used to process DACA applications. The bill passed the House by recorded voted on August 1, 2014.